Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Welcome!


Welp, after some warm-hearted advice from my friend, Marco, I have decided to start a blog...

My background is in traditional animation but I have trained in CG Animation and also made a little short film in stop-motion, with the help of a tremendous filmmaker Elliot Cowan (who whizzed through the compositing in just a few days).

I transitioned from being an artist to being a champion of independent films when I came across the film, THE SECRET OF KELLS while working in Edinburgh on Sylvain Chomet's THE ILLUSIONIST.

The images from KELLS were absolutely stunning and I knew I needed to see this film - and it was everything I had hoped it would be (and the team from Cartoon Saloon was even more incredible).

I have been so lucky to have been able to work on the publicity campaigns, promoting some of the greatest films (& the greatest filmmaking teams) to come out of Europe & Japan in recent years - and in the last 4 years, 4 of those films have garnered Oscar nominations.

The latest film which I championed, ERNEST & CELESTINE was an absolute joy and a blessing.

The film is just now out in theatres and Benjamin Renner's amazing approach to filmmaking is a story in itself and deserves to be told.

Marco's right...
I suppose the only way to reach a broader audience, get out dates and times of the film releases, talk about outstanding achievements by the filmmakers and up-and-coming features, shorts, artists and exhibits is to start a blog.

So bear with me as I start this venture.


All artwork is owned by the respective artist or studio.

And any information about which I write is what I believe to be true and is relayed to my audience in good faith, with all intended respect and good will.

Welcome!






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to the blogosphere! Can't wait to see what you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Jamie!!! Go for it niña!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jamie! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete